“Learn to Run” Programs
Below are some “Learn to Run” program outlines. All runners are different, so feel free to use these outlines as a starting point and modify them to suit your own time schedule. The programs are designed to slowly take “non-runners” to their first running event. Depending on your “starting” physical activity level, you made also need to modify how quickly you can proceed through these programs.
- Benefits of Running – Physical, Psychological, and more…
- Motivation! – 14 Tips for Starting and Sticking With IT!
- Basic Running Mechanics
- Types of Running
- Running Lingo
- Getting Started Running
- 10 Common Running Mistakes to Avoid
- Common Treadmill Mistakes
- Running in Inclement Weather
- Training to Improve your Performance
- Why Hydrate?
- Hydration 101 – How to Stay Hydrated Before, During and After your Runs
- Eating Before Running
- 5 Common Nutrition Mistakes and How to Solve Them
- Online Tools – Pace Calculators, BMI, Injury ID etc
- Running Education – Download the PowerPoint File
- Finding Your Running Shoe – Matching Foot Type to Shoe Type
- How to Choose Walking Shoes
- When To Replace Your Shoes
- How to Choose a Water Bottle
- How to Choose a Speed & Distance Monitor
- How to Choose a Jogging Stroller
- How to Choose a Sports Bra
Ask Questions/Seek Advice from our Membership!!
Join our Facebook GROUP
Like our Facebook PAGE
Our web site has a Message Board where you can post a question/seek advice from members of the Club. While it has been mostly replaced with Facebook & Twitter, it’s where you’ll find the Saturday morning Run & Coffee plans.