Our Executive hopes you and your family are successfully managing these challenging times. Like you, we are monitoring the ever evolving situation with a view to the ‘new normal’, whenever and whatever that may be.
We have forwarded questions to the CPHO (through SportPEI) specific to our organization to determine how we may sanction events on a go forward basis. I want to be clear that we have no plans or tentative schedule, this is just an avenue to help us be ready when the time is right.
Apart from establishing a basis to hold events your Executive has a number of outstanding matters . In no particular order they include:
- Holding the Annual Meeting and selection of new Executive. We have identified candidates for President, Secretary and Kings County Representative to replace retiring members
- Our Constitution never contemplated anything like Covid 19. We may need to be creative in resolving issues around the annual meeting
- We have decided to list the 2019 Awards winners on our Facebook and web sites in the near future.
- We have been advised there will be no relief on our insurance fees for 2020 whether we hold events or not
- We are entertaining the idea that 2020 registrations will be good for 2021 if we cannot hold events this year
- We are continuing to correspond with Evermoore Brewery re costs incurred for the Annual meeting/awards Banquet
We know many of you are continuing to run as we see you on the streets, trails, and boardwalks. We encourage you to contact us with any questions or comments.
Stay positive and we will see you all eventually
President PEI RoadRunners Club